6th Annual Courir de Mardi Gras de L'anse - February 6th, 2021
Please make plans to join us for the 2020 Courir de Mardi Gras de L'anse on February 6, 2021. All information will be posted here once it is available.
= All runners MUST attend at least one meeting, no exceptions. There will also be blank forms available at the meetings. There will be a discounted early registration fee - $30 up until the day of the run and $35 on the morning of.
If you are a Gold or Bon Temps member of Cadien Toujours, your membership includes ONE entry into the Courir de Mardi Gras de L'anse.
If you are interested in becoming a yearlong member of Cadien Toujours, our Gold package as well as our Bon Temps package includes an entry fee for the Courir de Mardi Gras along with entry to our other annual events. Please see our Membership page for more information. Meeting Dates: January 21, 2021 January 28, 2021 February 4, 2021 All meetings will begin at 7:00 PM. Meetings will be held in the barn located behind the Henry's home at 1174 Lafosse Road Morse, LA 70559.
Rules & Regulations: 1. Tradition dictates that only men take part in the role of runners and in required Mardi Gras run meetings. (All are welcome to general meetings and the fais do-do).
2. Participants are required to be of age 15 or older and wearing traditional costumes. Masks are not to be removed at stops. Note: Runners age 17 and under will need a sponsor - a friend or family member age 18 or older who is also a runner in the Courir de Mardi Gras de L'anse.
3. Runners are required to attend at least one meeting and become knowledgable on both the Cajun french prayers and chant to be recited on the run.
4. Disobeying captains, co-captains, or law enforcement officers will result in being ejected from the run.
5. No BEADS, GLASS containers, or WEAPONS are allowed on the run.
6. No profane words or actions (cursing, urinating in public, etc.) will be tolerated.
7. Fighting will result in being ejected from the run.
8. Anyone found to be overly intoxicated will be either removed from the run or contained.
These rules are not only for the safety of all involved, but to uphold the traditions that we love so much. Our goal is to provide the best experience for everyone - runners, homeowners, and spectators.