5th Annual Courir de Mardi Gras de L'anse - February 15th, 2020
Please make plans to join us for the 2020 Courir de Mardi Gras de L'anse on February 15, 2020. All information will be posted here once it is available.
All runners MUST attend at least one meeting, no exceptions. There will also be blank forms available at the meetings. There will be a discounted early registration fee.
If you are a Gold or Bon Temps member of Cadien Toujours, your membership includes ONE entry into the Courir de Mardi Gras de L'anse.
If you are interested in becoming a yearlong member of Cadien Toujours, our Gold package as well as our Bon Temps package includes an entry fee for the Courir de Mardi Gras along with entry to our other annual events. Please see our Membership page for more information. Meeting Dates: January 22, 2020 January 29, 2020 February 5, 2020 February 12, 2020 All meetings will begin at 7:00 PM. Meetings will be held in the barn located behind the Henry's home at 1174 Lafosse Road Morse, LA 70559.
Rules & Regulations: 1. Tradition dictates that only men take part in the role of runners and in required Mardi Gras run meetings. (All are welcome to general meetings and the fais do-do).
2. Participants are required to be of age 17 or older and wearing traditional costimes. Masks are not to be removed at stops.
3. Runners are required to attend at least one meeting and become knowledgable on both the Cajun french prayers and chant to be recited on the run. Meetings will be announced on our Facebook page and via email. Please follow us on Facebook and/or subscribe to our emails on the Home page.
4. Disobeying captains, co-captains, or law enforcement officers will result in being ejected from the run.
5. No BEADS, GLASS containers, or WEAPONS are allowed on the run.
6. No profane words or actions (cursing, urinating in public, etc.) will be tolerated.
7. Fighting will result in being ejected from the run.
8. Anyone found to be overly intoxicated will be either removed from the run or contained.
These rules are not only for the safety of all involved, but to uphold the traditions that we love so much. Our goal is to provide the best experience for everyone - runners, homeowners, and spectators.